Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My future goals

One goal that I have for my future is to work in the fields that I have already given thought to. The first field that I chose is to become a probation officer. For this job I would have to have a bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice. I chose this carrier because I meet this lady named Kelly that of course works as a probation officer and I guess you can say that she inspired me. From that day that we talked I stared researching more and more about it and yes I came to a conclusion that’s what I wanted to do. Some things that I am doing to reach my goal are to get a high school diploma and move on to college as soon as I can the harder I work the quicker I can start and that’s my motivation.
One other goal that I also have is to study languages, so that I can become a translator. To be honest this carrier had not crossed my mind at all. Not long ago did I see an old teacher and she asked be about school and what was I thinking about majoring in. I told her that I really wasn’t sure. She then told me about how I would be really good at translating and that if I studied that I could translate in a court room, and in a class room basically that I could translate anywhere and how translators are always needed. Then she told me what actually made up my mind about this carrier she said translators make a lot of money and well who doesn’t want to make a lot of money working in something that they love. Some of the things that I am doing to reach this carrier goal are to keep moving forward with my education and to stay motivated in my goals because I really want my dream jobs to become a reality.
When I finally reach my goals I will be very proud of myself just to know that with hard work and determination one can do just about anything they seat their heart to. Also I want to be able to look my son in the eyes and tell him “yes mom made mistakes but because of you I turned them all around and became someone that you will be proud of!”  

1 comment:

  1. 9/10:
    Nice job on this post! I really enjoyed learning more about what you are interested in and I know you are going to make it happen! It is so sweet that you are working so hard for your beautiful son--I know he must be so proud of his mommy already:)

    Be sure to check your spelling before hitting post:)

    ReplyDelete